The Perfect Sailing Yacht for a couple cruising.
Like her bigger sisters the Moody 41 DS displays all the attributes of Moody 45 DS and Moody 54 DS – ease of handling, the option of twin powered headsails, great all round visibility from the helm, and with minimal pillars inside the deck saloon. The yacht boasts a host of great features making her the ideal cruising yacht.
The brand new Moody 41 DS has built on the success of the Moody 45 DS and 54 DS, and incorporates all the items that buyers want – namely easy handling, with the availability of twin powered headsails, great visibility from the helm, and with minimal pillars inside the deck saloon, lots of interior visibility. The two staterooms also have big hull windows and are light and airy. On deck, there is a unique and clever forward ‘sundowner’ cockpit and the fold down bathing platform can have ‘stairs’ rather than steps. Just like her bigger sisters, she has the bimini wings, with a retractable bimini, for great sun and rain protection. The side decks are easy to walk up with high bulwarks and a solid lifeline rail. The galley in the deck saloon can have extra refrigerators, or a dishwasher. Below, the cabin sole is a large pantry or storage area. There are a choice of galley finished and countertop colors.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- 4 hull windows (3 on stb, 1 on port).
- GRP hull, isophthalic gelocat: Off White (RAL9003).
- 1st layer vinylester resin and balsa sandwich laminate.
- Waterline and cove line, isophtalic gelcoat colour: Moody Grey (RAL 7034).
- GRP deck with antislip surface, gelcoat colour: Off White (RAL 9003).
- 1st layer vinyl ester resin with balsa sandwich core.
- Teak on side deck, cockpit bottom and helmsman seats, cockpit benches and bathing platform.
Keel & Rudder:
- L-keel, cast iron, draft: 7’5” / 2.25m.
- GRP rudder with sea-water resistant aluminium shaft and self-aligning bearings.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Standard power is a Yanmar 57hp, with an optional 80 hp- version available.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Saildrive, 3-blade fixed propeller.
- Bowthruster, 12 V, incl. Battery.
- Twin wheel steering system.
- 2 stainless steel steering wheels.
- 12 V and 230 V electric system.
- Battery set, capacity: 1x 90 Ah + 2x 160 Ah AGM.
- Country Version: EU / AUS.
- Battery charger 50 A.
- Shore power 230 V or 110 V.
- Sockets in cabins and heads.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Freshwater system with electric pump and 5.28 gallons / 20 litres of hot water, heated also by main engine.
- LPG gas system, stowage for 1 gas bottle.
Grey & Black Water:
- Blackwater system (apprx.13 gallons / 50 litres per head) with deck extraction and seacock for head.
- 55 gallons / 210 litres.
- LPG gas system, stowage for 1 gas.
- Fresh water tank, approx. 58 gallons / 220 litres.
- Additional fresh water tank, apprx. 48 gallons / 180 litres.
- Up to total capacity of 88 gallons / 400 litres.
Blackwater holding tanks:
- Blackwater system (approx. 13 gallons / 50 litres per head) with deck extraction and seacock for head.
- Illuminated compass.
- Wind indicator.
- 3-burner gas stove with oven.
- Waste bin.
- Fridge apprx. 34 gallons / 130 litres.
- Sink with mixing tab.
- Manual toilet with sea water flush (master cabin).
- Shower unit in cockpit, warm/cold water.
- LED navigation lights.
- 4x mitre-cut port lights at coach roof sides.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 4 berths in 2 cabins.
- Comfort mattresses for all berths.
- Upholstery – Dorset, colour: Cream.
- Interior furniture in high quality marine plywood.
- Furniture – Traditional Mahogany – satin varnish.
- Floorboard – New Zealand Acacia.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Island double berth.
- Storage space.
- Head with separate shower stall.
- Double berth.
- Storage locker.
- Dining area on stb.
- Chart table on port.
- Utility area under saloon floorboard.
- Colored white.
- Worktop in galley – Marine Mineral Stone, colour: Cream White.
- Foldable window next to patio door at pantry.
- Panoramic decks saloon windows, central glass.
- Skylight for decks saloon with 2x openable hatches.
- 1x fwd. coach roof front window.
- 1x coach roof hatch (for head – white opaque glass).
- Glass skylight on forward coach roof with a big openable hatch (sz.70).
- Cockpit table, stainless steel with folding teak tops.
- 2 helmsman seats, foldable.
- 2x cockpit lockers.
- Self-tacking jib system.
- German mainsheet system.
- Rig, anodized aluminium, deck stepped, with kicker, standing and running rigging and 2x reefs.
- Quantum Dacron sails – full battened, main and jib.
- Rig Dimensions:
- I 16.8 m 55′ 1”
- J 4.7 m 15′ 5”
- P 16.2 m 53′ 2”
- E 5.5 m 18′ 1”
- 2x Lewmar 45 EST EVO electrical winches.
- Additional winch handle.
- Anchor windlass, electrical, 2000 W, with automatic fuse, remote control with chain counter.
- Delta-anchor 25 kg, galvanized with 60 metre galvanized chain.
- Main sheet – apprx. 45 m² | 484 sq ft.
- Jib sheet – apprx. 38 m² | 409 sq ft.
- Pulpit and pushpit, stainless steel.
- Railing, stainless steel tube and wire, incl. integrated boarding ladder on both sides.
- Halyards and control lines in cockpit at helm position.
- Stern locker.
- Handrail on coach roof.
- Bathing platform, manual fold-out with swimming ladder.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 6x retractable mooring cleats.
- Double anchor arm and anchor locker.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- 2x leather covers for stainless steel steering wheels.
- Bimini with sliding mechanism (colour selection).